We help buildings tell their stories. We want to hear yours.
Hopefully, you will find an opening that suits your independent spirit. But if you don’t see one that’s big enough for your ambition, feel free to send us a note along with your resume. We’ll see if we’re a match.
Current Job Openings
“We believe in creating a positive, engaging and communicative culture, which provides a solid foundation for enterprise longevity and success. Culture will morph, and you can either let it happen or you can influence how it happens. We foster influencers.”
-Trish Mills, Managing Director of Human Resources
We build relationships
We’re engineers. Musicians. Techies.
We’re innovators. Collaborators. Great listeners.
We’re coaches. Volunteers. Multicultural.
We’re visionaries. Disrupters. Innovators.
We like to win – new business, but also Jenga.
We follow our leader’s example – which she calls gumption.
We don’t like to rest on our laurels (though it would be easy to do).
Benefits & Perks
We’re picky about who we hire and then once we find the best and brightest, we make retention our priority, as demonstrated by our generous benefit package, which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax plans for healthcare and dependent care savings
- Basic life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Work/life balance and wellness programs, including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Corporate Citibike membership
- Corporate Gym Membership program
- Employee assistance program and health advocate services
- 401(k) employee savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 7 Summer Fridays in addition to a generous PTO packet
- Transit/parking program
- Tuition reimbursement
- In-house education programs
- Membership in professional organizations, including the The American Institute of Architects, The Architectural League, New York Building Congress, Acoustical Society of America, American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), and more.
- We’re an active bunch and support organizations including the Cycle for Survival, Iron Designer, The New York Architects’ Regatta, and Susan G Komen Race for the cure.
“The project opportunities are endless and all you have to do is raise your hand.”
-Josh Cassarino, Senior Associate
Diversity & Mentorship
As a successful women-owned business enterprise for over 30 years, Cerami is an advocate for promoting mentorship and diversity in business. Our firm consists of 25% women and we are committed to the advancement of women, especially in the field of design.
In keeping with our mission, our firm and team members are dedicated supporters of mentorship programs, such as The Salvadori Center, Non-Traditional Employment for Women (NEW), and The ACE Mentor Program.
ACE is a not-for-proﬁt organization serving high school youth who are exploring careers in Architecture, Construction or Engineering. Cerami mentors, and professionals from leading design and construction ﬁrms, volunteer their time weekly throughout the school year for a deep dive into industry principles. The program concludes with a student design competition and scholarship awards.
“Having the opportunity to be in meetings with our CEO and to genuinely have her ear means my mentorship is constant.”
-Cassey Stypowany, Senior Associate
The Vito V. Cerami Scholarship
The “Vito V. Cerami Scholarship” is named in honor of our founder, a first generation Italian-American who brought acoustics into the practical world of building design. The scholarship is awarded to a female student that exemplifies a tenacity to learn, dedicated to helping others, and is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering.
Cerami hosts a summer-long internship program for our acoustical design and technology consulting studios. Cerami interns learn basic principles of their respective discipline, are immersed in diverse, real-world projects and gain great exposure to the working environment.
“Cerami blends the technical aspects of acoustical engineering while keeping in mind the aesthetic design of each project. This experience has opened my eyes to a new world of work. I will be keeping Cerami at the top of my list when thinking about my future career.”
-Oscar Flory, Intern 2019