Senior Associate, Technology
The Sr. Associate is responsible for managing a multidiscipline (AV/IT/SEC) work team’s operations including sales, project delivery, quality assurance, client satisfaction, and group financial performance.
- Extensive experience in corporate enterprise technology relocation projects including technology strategy, systems and infrastructure design, execution and follow-through
- Perform relocation projects as a project manager with responsibility for the full scope of technology-related activities required for relocation of large groups. Responsibility would include oversight of all technology planning, design, implementation for all items related to AV, IT, and physical security necessary for successful relocation as factored into a construction program of work. Familiarity with construction projects, team dynamics and challenges related to these projects will be a critical factor.
- Communicate IT infrastructure technology concepts to clients including LAN/WAN, Wireless, DAS, PON, RTLS, etc.
- Design structured cabling systems to support IT, MEP, security, BAS, audiovisual and broadcast services
- Design pathways and spaces including equipment room rack/cabinet layouts and elevations, conduits and cable trays, specify infrastructure hardware for projects • Develop power and cooling load projections for technology spaces and coordinate with MEP engineer
- Develop drawings and CSI specifications as part of an architectural construction document package
- Establish and strengthen relationships with architects and owners through high quality deliverables with an attention to detail
- Successful track record of performing business development and sale of large programs. This skill will include the understanding of scope management and the necessity of generating change orders when client requirement or project circumstances create the need for increased effort to deliver the program. They would be well equipped from their past experience to quickly identify issues with programs under delivery.
- Clearly identifying impact of issues identified whether they are in or out of scope. They would be well equipped to handle direct engagement with the client to navigate these issues resulting in resolution whether it be taken on as a change by Cerami or addressed by other parties involved in the project.
- Manage projects of varied size and scope with minimal supervision
- Delegate project responsibilities as appropriate and review all outgoing work
- Supervise work of design and production teams associated with your projects
- Where appropriate, provide technical guidance, mentoring, and management to staff
- Ensure company technical and professional standards are met.
- Responsible for client relationships and project issues for projects managed.
- Keep principals and the managing partner informed on client and project issues for assigned projects.
- Represent the company at project meetings with clients and prepare meeting agendas, minutes, presentations, and summaries in a timely fashion.
- Assist marketing the firm, through providing clients with excellent and timely work product as well working on presenting technical seminars for client firms
- Prepare & deliver design and marketing/sales presentations
- Foster repeat business—manage client relationships
- Evaluate RFPs and assemble proposals
- Client relationship management
- Ability to handle multiple engagements simultaneously
Client Management & Development
- An excellent sense of business objectives of both the client and Cerami to ensure a well-orchestrated program inclusive of tracking and execution of change and change orders.
- The ability to directly engage with our clients for long periods of time with minimal management direction or oversight necessary. Maintain client relationships and penetrate existing clients.
- Assist in marketing and business development processes
People Management & Development
- Responsible for technical education and training of junior staff
- Responsible for staff retention and recruitment.
- Responsible for mentorship and outside program development.
- Responsible for timely billing of all projects.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are kept to budget.
- Responsible for A/R management – must be kept to < 100 days DSO
- 5 years or more experience in structured cabling design
- BS degree in engineering or IT technology or equivalent military experience in related fields
- Knowledge of BICSI and TIA/EIA industry standards
- Industry certifications (RCDD, PMP) preferred
- Experience designing multicarrier DAS preferred