- Identifies and secures new clients and ensures consistent flow of work to the company
- Helps determine business strategy and create infrastructure necessary for profitability and long-term success
- Manages people and resources, provides technical and logistical leadership from marketing to final testing of project
- Responsible for all staff development- creating development plans for each employee which aligns with the firm’s goals
- Skilled at managing team members to maintain their quality of delivery, mentor them on areas for growth and improvement while keeping all resources working at the optimal level of utilization to drive profitability. Further, the ability to successfully provide direction to large and small teams whether directly under their authority or partners in the program would be evident as successful due to the resulting client satisfaction
- Represents the firm impeccably
- Communicate IT infrastructure technology concepts to clients including LAN/WAN, Wireless, DAS, PON, RTLS, etc.
- Run programming meetings and prepare agendas, meeting minutes, basis of design reports, field reports, and coordination documents
- Generate technology budgets for projects
- Design structured cabling systems to support IT, MEP, security, BAS, audiovisual and broadcast services
- Design pathways and spaces including equipment room rack/cabinet layouts and elevations, conduits and cable trays, specify infrastructure hardware for projects
- Develop power and cooling load projections for technology spaces and coordinate with MEP engineer
- Develop drawings and CSI specifications as part of an architectural construction document package
- Establish and strengthen relationships with Architects and Owners through high quality deliverables with an attention to detail
- Project manage large multidiscipline IT/SEC/AV infrastructure projects
- Delegate project responsibilities as appropriate and review all outgoing work
- Develop new work and business opportunities.
- Develop marketing plans and market the firm’s capabilities.
- Give presentations.
- Maintain client relationships and foster repeat business.
- Evaluate and approve RFPs and proposals.
- Responsible for all technology project deliverables.
- Attend client meetings.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring.
- Determine company technical and professional standards and ensure they are met.
- Approve outgoing work as needed.
- Manage client and project politics.
Management and Administration
- Review and maintain project profitability goals.
- Oversee project billing, approve project costs and fees.
- Determine and oversee staff performance and development standards, responsible for team productivity and morale.
- Determine staffing requirements, interview and approve additions to staff.
- Resolve employment issues to support positive work climate and minimize legal risk.
- Oversee administration of the reginal office.
- Contact clients on outstanding invoices. Document all client contacts. Work with Accounting to create documentation for additional services and outstanding invoices.
- 8 years or more experience in structured cabling engineering/design
- 5 or more years in team management/leadership role
- BS degree in engineering or IT technology or equivalent military experience in related fields
- Knowledge of industry standards BICSI and TIA/EIA, Industry certifications (RCDD, PMP)
- BICSI WD, BICSI NTS, BICSI DCDC, or BICSI RTPM preferred
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Experience designing multicarrier DAS preferred.