Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Are you a self-motivated, results-driven HR professional? Do you excel in communicating with people and learning about their experiences and strengths? Are you ready to take the lead on the HR process while working in a growing HR department? You may be just the person we’re looking for!
Cerami & Associates, a premier national acoustical and technology consulting firm, is seeking a HR Generalist, with recruiting experience, to join our team. The HR Generalist reports to the Managing Director of HR and is expected to collaborate with the management team, employees, and other corporate function departments. The position is based in New York City with regional offices in Washington DC and Philadelphia.
This person will support the HR department through continuing efforts to improve the functionality and continued growth of Cerami employees. Be a valuable member of the firms’ professional team by maintaining and enhancing the culture and core values of Cerami.
The HR Generalist has the following responsibilities:
Manage all recruiting efforts within the company, working with the Managing Director of HR, hiring managers, and external recruiting firms.
- Recruit and interview potential applicants based on experience, skills, and education.
- Recruiting efforts should be a mix of organic recruiting, networking, and use of external recruiters.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with hiring managers to enhance the team approach to recruiting.
- Manage and post job descriptions for all positions within the company.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews with candidates.
- Participate in and facilitate the interview process.
- Manage the process of extending job offers to selected candidates.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation that results in a seamless on-boarding process for all new hires.
- Work with teams internally at Cerami before a new hire’s start date to ensure all equipment and IT needs are identified and established in advance.
- Handle intake of all new hire paperwork, ensure all data is entered into company systems, and distributed information to the appropriate departments.
- Introduce and train new hires on their first day and monitor the new hire through the first few months of employment to guarantee employee has support necessary for success at Cerami.
- Responsible for coordinating and processing employment visas (with legal counsel).
- Maintains employee benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, FSA) and informs employees of benefits.
- Be familiar with all company policies to answer employee questions and addresses employee concerns.
- Update Employee Handbook annually.
- Process all terminations, including distribution of all required notices and paperwork and collection of all company property.
- Maintains historical staff records by filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records.
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ prior experience in HR and Recruiting, the ability to work in a fast paced environment without compromising quality or accuracy, and a self-disciplined approach to establishing priorities to meet multiple concurrent deadlines both for themselves, and others. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must.
Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with HRIS systems a plus.