Director of Marketing and Communications
Cerami is and is the largest woman-owned firm working on building design projects globally and is one of the premier acoustical design and technology consulting companies in the world.
We partner with world-class developers and architects on their signature projects. What we bring to the party is that signature voice – in terms of how a building sounds or perhaps how it doesn’t sound at all, as well as how its inhabitants connect to one another through technology.
Much of what we have done for the past 54 years is related to controlling noise in renowned buildings like Hudson Yards, Google, One Vanderbilt, The Four Seasons and the TWA Hotel. Perhaps that’s why we’ve been so quiet about ourselves. It’s time to tell our story and we are looking for a bold, strategic marketer to help us make some noise.
We’re engineers. Musicians. Techies.
We’re innovators. Collaborators. Great listeners.
We like to win – new business, but also softball.
We follow our leader’s example – which she calls gumption.
We don’t like to rest on our laurels (though it would be easy to do).
Our ideal candidate is a highly adaptable and a brand-forward marketer who can steward Cerami across key communication touch points, internally and externally.
- Whatever you think it takes to grow our business- from better new business pitches to more media opportunities.
- Prep New Business Opportunities
- Continuously feed the new business pipeline by working directly with our CEO and other leaders to create thoughtful and fresh proposals.
- Continually look for marketing opportunities to create new business opportunities through partnerships, trends, relationships
- Tell relevant stories to perspective clients through relevant case studies
- Update and write compelling case studies for proposals and for website
- Develop a deep understanding of the Cerami business, so that choosing the right cases becomes intuitive
- Coach the new business team, when necessary
- Managing marketing budget, resources, and staff
- Responsible for guiding and skills development and performance for marketing team
- Oversee marketing metrics and opportunity tracking
- Day-to-day stewardship of the brand across all marketing touch points
- Lead agency relationships (including PR firm, Digital agency, Social agency)
- Partnership & Collaborations
- Develop strategic partnerships, on going and project base
- Vet opportunities
- Develop all marketing and PR efforts, including internal communications & external communications- direct mail, press releases and social media
- Oversee content, planning, social media strategy (would need to work hand-in-hand with graphic designer)
- Delegate social posting to an associate; however, must be facile and be able to jump in on timely news stories
- Events & Activation
- End-to-end management of brand events, activations and sponsorships
- Seeking and vetting opportunities
- Evaluating ROI
Who You Are
- You’re organized, creative, self-driven and easily bored
- You are both Right brain (we want fresh ways to get our name out there) and left brain (we rely on data and spreadsheets)
- You get excited about architecture and design (you peaked into Hudson Yards before opened to the public)
- You’re thick skinned (sometimes the pace makes us a little less sensitive than we’d like)
- You have 12+ years in a Marketing role (in house vs. agency preferred)
- Your digi-native with a strong understanding of social media marketing and some knowledge of Web analytics
- Ability to plan and implement projects with timelines and schedules.
- Ability to troubleshoot methodologies and solve issues to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Media Relations
- Proposal Writing
- Strategic Planning
- Internal Communications
- Event Planning
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Experience with Vision
- Certified Professional Services Marketer certification desired