Associate Principal – Technology
Cerami is the leading acoustics design and technology consulting company in the United States.
We’re looking for an Associate Principal to join our team. This position reports to the Managing Director of Technology. Experience in large-scale structured cabling and communication infrastructure, including mission critical, broadcast, and workplace is a must. Ability to present design concepts and progress to client is also very important.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Represents the firm impeccably
- Manage large multidiscipline IT/SEC/AV infrastructure projects
- Communicate IT infrastructure technology concepts to clients including LAN/WAN, Wireless, DAS, PON, RTLS, etc.
- Deliver client presentations in person and online
- Lead programming meetings and prepare agendas, meeting minutes, basis of design reports, field reports, and coordination documents
- Design structured cabling systems to support IT, MEP, security, BAS, audiovisual and broadcast services
- Design pathways and spaces including equipment room rack/cabinet layouts and elevations, conduits and cable trays, specify infrastructure hardware for projects
- Develop power and cooling load projections for technology spaces and coordinate with MEP engineer
- Develop project approach, workplan, and manage design process through all design phases
- Generate technology budgets for projects
- Delegate project responsibilities as appropriate and review all outgoing work
- Identifies and secures new clients and ensures consistent flow of work to the company
- Helps determine business strategy and create infrastructure necessary for profitability and long-term success
- Manages people and resources, provides technical and logistical leadership from marketing to final testing of project
- Responsible for all staff development- creating development plans for each employee which aligns with the firm’s goals
- Skilled at managing team members to maintain their quality of delivery, mentor them on areas for growth and improvement while keeping all resources working at the optimal level of utilization to drive profitability. Further, the ability to successfully provide direction to large and small teams whether directly under their authority or partners in the program would be evident as successful due to the resulting client satisfaction
- Develop drawings and CSI specifications as part of an architectural construction document package
- Establish and strengthen relationships with Architects and Owners through high quality deliverables with an attention to detail
- Deliver client-facing presentations and attend client meetings.
- Maintain client relationships and foster repeat business.
- Manage client and project politics.
- Responsible for all technology project deliverables.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring.
- Leadership in project delivery
- Business Development
- Develop new work and business opportunities.
- Develop marketing plans and market the firm’s capabilities.
- Evaluate and approve RFPs and proposals.
- Determine company technical and professional standards and ensure they are met.
- Approve outgoing work as needed.
- Management and Administration
- Review and maintain project profitability goals.
- Oversee project billing, approve project costs and fees.
- Determine and oversee staff performance and development standards, responsible for team productivity and morale.
- Determine staffing requirements, interview and approve additions to staff.
- Resolve employment issues to support positive work climate and minimize legal risk.
- Contact clients on outstanding invoices. Document all client contacts. Work with Accounting to create documentation for additional services and outstanding invoices.
- College level education strongly desired.
- RCDD or IT certification beneficial.
- 10+ Years of experience with enterprise scale programs of migration and change.
- Have personally lead 10+ migration programs.
- Strong background with cable infrastructure, communications rooms and their requirement, Audio Visual/Multimedia delivery, IT Infrastructure project management, carrier services etc.
- Well experienced with User Technology in the market inclusive of all items used in the user works space.
- A level of project management certification, qualification and training i.e. PMP.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent ability to assess status of activity looking at the project horizon to identify difficulties.
- Strong ability to summarize, communicate and track activity status.