Information Technology Design Engineer
We are looking for an Information Technology Design Engineer to work within our Technology consulting practice. This position will focus on leading needs analysis and technology visioning with key clients, as well as leading our internal consulting teams and supporting our clients during all phases of our projects.
- Core ownership responsibility for your projects. Ability to juggle multiple projects while ensuring each one is driven to completion accurately and on-time.
- Create bid and construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications)
- Develop IT system designs and perform all engineering tasks to ensure the designs meet client needs, expectations, and budgets
- Writing Basis of Design documents
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- All planning and coordination efforts and interaction with clients, professional services firms, and other trades for assigned projects
- Ensure coordination between our work and other consultants on the project. Including the architect MEP engineer and others.
- Attend and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town)
- Provide design direction for production team. Perform QC checks on all deliverables prior to release to clients.
- Create IT budgets for projects
- Direct involvement in all aspects and phases of Information Technology projects (i.e. programming, design, construction administration, etc.)
- Work in collaboration with other team members to ensure the design intent, client needs are met by the system design
- Participate in enhancing existing company standards
- Oversee contractor installations as required
- Review submissions and shop drawings
- Creating cable pull schedules, field observation/inspection reports.
- Perform bid leveling, contractor evaluation, and submittal reviews
- Respond to RFIs as required
- Assist with all aspects of site coordination as needed
- Creation, maintenance, and updating of punch lists as required
- Review as-built and closeout documentation for accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- Telecommunications Structured Cabling Design Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in the business technology, construction, design or engineering industries
- Expert knowledge of industry standards in IT system design
- Excellent understanding of IT system requirements from other trades. Including space allocation pathway routing and power requirements
- Working knowledge of industry best practices for power and cooling, power and heat loads, mission critical power distribution systems,
- Familiarity with small, medium, and large-scale projects
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and email etiquette
- Project management skill including understanding project risks and knowing when to escalate.
- Be detail oriented and organized while being able to multitask and shift priorities with ease
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of various Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with AV and / or Security system design / integration
- Network design and or implementation experience
- Knowledge of UCS (Unified Communication Systems)
- BICSI RCDD certification
- Technology consulting experience
To be considered for the position listed above, please send your resume as a single PDF, including cover letter and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email subject line must indicate “IT Design Engineer – Your Name”.